The Ottawa Lions Purina Walk for Dog Guides started in 2011. In its 6 years so far, we have raised over $85,000, and this year we hope to pass the $100,000 mark.
Where will it be? New Edinburgh Fieldhouse, 193 Stanley Avenue, Ottawa ON
What time? Registration for walkers starts at 12pm and the official walk begins at 1pm.
The funds raised at the event go to providing life-changing service dogs for individuals free of charge through the Lions Foundation of Canada. The Dog Guides that are provided to clients come in 6 different types:
- Canine Vision for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Hearing Ear for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Autism Assistance for children who have autism spectrum disorder
- Service for people who have a physical disability
- Seizure Response for people who have epilepsy
- Diabetic Alert for people who have type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness